Saturday, August 4, 2012

Visitors!


So what have I been up to the last couple of weeks you might be asking?

Well I have been entertaining a guest. Kenny has hitchhiked his way over here to avoid suffering from a heat stroke.

I was actually a tad surprised to read in his post that he considered me normal. Guess my Asperger’s didn’t show that much. I’m not really sure what he thinks of me now that he’s been around me.

Personally, I find him to be a good kid. It took him a while to open up but once he got comfortable he seem perfectly normal. It does give me a small chuckle that we both have trouble making eye contact. And yes, he actually does have a striking resemblance to Kenshin. He also seems really intent on investigating this dimensional bleeding stuff (I will get into my explanation on my theories on it some other time).

Well the first week focused on me getting to know him and getting him healthy. The poor kid looks like a stick. There was a lot of eating and sleeping (especially on his part), and gaming. I taught him some of the basics of playing Yu-gi-oh. I will admit, he catches on pretty fast to this game.

The last week has consisted of training. I figure if he’s going to be Running, he needs to be ready for any sort of confrontation. I’ve learned that from Feral Slendy, the Eyes, the Black Dog, and I honestly will not be surprised if I somehow find a way to piss Moriarty and his militia off. Yes, I’m not a master at anything save for blowing shit up, but I’d like to think I’m a jack of all trades when it comes to melee combat.
So I’ve started the training regimen with simple exercises; the daily run, push-ups, I’ve snuck him into the campus’ gym to go through the various routines (Personal note: after the first day in the gym; weight lifting is simply out of the question for him).

Then we started working with actual combat. I feel like Kenny has fighting potential, he has a general grasp on using his staff and his lack of height can be quite advantageous for him in some ways.
The problem is that he doesn’t have the spirit. He looks so fucking frightened when he tries to show what he can do. His staff, Lily, just trembles in his hands and you can just tell through his eyes that the dominating thought in his head is “I don’t want to get hurt. I don’t want to get hurt.”

So today I thought I’d up the difficulty a little and threw him into a sparring match. See what he can truly do under pressure. y’know?

I may have gotten a little overzealous.

I didn’t really go easy on him for a first time match. I was using a wooden sword to clash against his staff. He was just on the defensive the whole time, shakily blocking what I threw at him taking a blow to an arm and leg once in a while.  I decided to surprise him by giving him upward swing for him to respond to but there was no response to it and he was hit square in the head. I was quite surprised to find that it had knocked him down and drew quite a bit of blood. I think he was on the verge of tears as well. I was a rather frustrated and needed something to get him retaliate.

“It’s no wonder you can’t protect anyone, you can’t even protect yourself.”

The next thing I felt was the wind getting knocked out of me. I staggered back and found that Kenny had hit me square in the chest with Lily.  “Don’t you dare talk like that! You don’t have any right to say that!” I gasped for air as I took a blow to the side of the face and a few good strikes at my ankle. I looked at him and thought he was on the verge of something in him burst. Instead he stormed off and I think he might have muttered something at me that I didn’t catch.

I will admit that that was a dick move on my part.

A big one.

I really should have thought that through before I said it.

I’m kind concerned now because Kenny hasn’t come out of his room for quite awhile.

If you can read this, I’m sorry. 

7 comments:

  1. Its good to see that youre doing well. Kenny seems like a good kid, and good company for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kid reminds me of me! XD

    Yeah, that was kind of a dick move, but hey! He managed to knock you to the ground, didn't he? At least he knows what he can do now. I'm sure he'll thank you for it later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Chris....you don't need to beat yourself up too badly...he needed provoked, and he can't sulk forever. You'll get a chance to apologize.

    Either ways, it's good to see you posting again. You've been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I want to comment... But really, you already did more damage than I could have with mere trolling. Good Job Rags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must congratulate you as well. I didn't think you had it in you Mr. Schultz.

      Delete
  5. It's my experience that "dick moves" can be highly constructive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have the kids thought process wrong. It's not "I don't want to get hurt." It's "I don't want to hurt people." And he doesn't have to like it but like Konaa if he wants to survive he's going to have to learn to *do* it when necessary. From the sounds of it though this ruroni does have the batosai in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete