Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dimensions and Card Games


Well, Kenny is staying a little longer than we both anticipated. Temperatures decided to spike and I refuse to let him travel in this heat. So the training has continued, and I’ll admit he’s shaped up quite a bit. The kid definitely has potential to be one hell of a fighter if he put aside the pacifism.

But anyway, we had a conversation the other day about dimensional bleeding. Kind of.

“So can you tell me what’s going on with this whole Yu-gi-oh card experiment?” Kenny asked me out of the blue. “You’ve haven’t really told me anything about it.”

I pulled up a chair and tried to figure out the best way to explain this “Um, well…what we’re dealing with is sort of like dimensional bleeding but not quite. These are more like dimensional tears, rifts, or patches I guess. Here’s the best way I can describe the most common occurrence of this. Imagine if you are trying to get a couch through the front door of your house. But it won’t fit. So how would you get it in?”

Kenny gave me a confused look (I can’t blame him) and answered “Well, you could tilt it maybe, or trying to bring it in through the back door.”

“Correct! Hell, if you have a window that’s big enough, you can try to get it through there. But there are some people who don’t necessarily think as reasonably as we do. Their solution to the problem would be to drive a truck through their living room wall and bring the couch in that way. I believe that occasionally Fears take this approach.”

“Okay…”

“Look, it’s pretty well established that the Fears come from another dimension and their powers seem to border on godly. But something is holding them back. They are capable of so much destruction. Our world should be in tatters by now. There’s something that is keeping them from going all out.” I  had to stop for a second when I realized how disturbing that statement was. “Maybe it’s because our dimension is too small, maybe if they come over here at full strength this whole place would go straight to hell and, well, that just sort of ruins their purpose. I don’t know, I’m just spitballing here. Now, let’s say there an instance were it needs more power than normal, like when Slendy went all feral and attacked me, or any of times when He has slaughtered whole masses of people. It quite possibly could have happened when He went on a rampage after He didn’t get the satisfaction of killing Gargoyle.”

I realized what I just said and saw Kenny look down sadly

“Sorry…a tad too soon I suppose.” I said in a solemn tone and waited a little bit before I continued. “It’s going to take a little force to get through that doorway. It’s going to push so hard it’s going to make it wider than it should be.”

“So how does this relate to driving a truck through a wall?”

“Well, after you smash that hole in the wall, your living room is now exposed to the elements. Bug, leaves, small animals, and what-not are going to end up in there. And God help you if it rains. Our dimension is now exposed to the Fears’ dimension.

“But wouldn’t it cover the whole world then?”

“That I haven’t really figured out yet. My best guess would be that it depends on the size of the hole. I also have a long-shot theory that the Fears patch the hole up or the dimension patches up itself. Either way the…elements of that dimension are lingering around in ours. I also believe that these things can be created when the Fears use their powers for long periods of time, like the Wooden Girl at..um…his facility…”

“Overseer’s?”

“Yeah, yeah, him. Also I think it can happen when multiple Fears are in one area at once. For example when they came to confront..gah what was her name..?”

“Aura?” Kenny looked at me with a touch of concern.

“Yeah, Aura! Ah, I’m sorry…”

“Are you okay?”

“Sure, yeah. I’m good. My brain is just…frazzled is all.” I lied. “I’m sure you’ve had one of those days right?”

“Yeah I guess.” He said and he obviously decided to put the conversation back on track “So what does this have to do with Yu-gi-oh cards?”

“Well back in February when..” Another name escaped me “…Aura’s friend tried to save her, she said he took a prop sword and made it into a real one. So I began to experiment with this, and…well this is going to sound nuts but I can make these cards real. Manifest their powers.”

Kenny looked at me like I had lost my mind but I guess he decided to keep going along with what I was saying “Alright so how do you get it to work?”

“Well think of it like this, you know in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger how Gai can fuse the ranger keys of Go-On Gold and Go-On Silver together so he can make Go-On Wings and be both of them at once.”

Kenny just stared at me blankly as everything I just said went completely over his head.

“Okay, how about in Digimon 02, in the second to last episode, when all of the Digimon’s digivolved forms were all gathered at once.”

“I was a little too young when that aired.”

I scratched my head and sighed “Um…how about when Peter Pan tells Wendy and her brothers to think happy thoughts to fly.”

“Okay…I know what you are talking about now, but I don’t see what one has to do with the other.”

“Well I believed that this power is manifested through wishing or willing it. I don’t know the limitations of it though.

“So the Fears’ dimension is a magical place where wishes come true?” Kenny asked with a raised eyebrow. Did he…Did he just make a smartass remark???

“Well not exactly, I think this is more what happens when you blend two dimensions together .”

“You realize this sounds nuts right?”

“Trust me, I still have a little trouble believing it myself. And most of what I just said is not exactly set facts…” 

Kenny seemed rather skeptical about everything I just told him.

“Don’t worry. I’ll show you how this all works. Just give a day or two to mentally prepare myself, alright.”

“Yeah, sure.” He said as he seemed to become a touch more accepting of it.

The rest of the conversation consisted of little questions and answers before I went to make dinner.

So yeah, you get to see me be awesome. BRACE YOURSELVES PEOPLE!!!

Now, I am off to prepare for the demonstration and perhaps force Kenny to watch all 51 episodes of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. He seems like someone who has watched Power Rangers enough to appreciate it, right?   

2 comments:

  1. good luck and be careful. dont do anything risky. it will end badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there's a useful skill to learn. Man, I wish I could be awesome like that! D:

    ReplyDelete